Checking to make sure you have the cover you need for your business insurance is one of the most important aspects of protecting your business. Here are our top 10 pointers on not only making sure you have the right cover in place, but that your business is up to scratch too.
- Check your policy wording carefully, paying particular attention to the levels of cover you have requested.
- Is the policy wording correct for the type of business insurance your have requested?
- Dependent on your business, are all your requirements covered? For example if you are a beautician are all the levels of treatments that you undertake with your clients covered?
- Remember if any of your business circumstances change, check your policy to see if you are still covered. If you are not sure contact your insurance company.
- Not only do you need to be looking at everything your business does but you also need to be looking at the tools of your trade and stock items. For instance are they also covered within your insurance policy and is the level correct too?
- Check your public liability cover. If you can afford to pay a little more on your insurance maybe it would be a good idea to increase the level of cover – it might not be as expensive as you think.
- Is your health and safety signage up to date? A customer could trip and fall and their claim could be refused if you haven’t adhered to requirements in law or in your policy wording. This could then be costly to you having to pay out with no insurance cover.
- Do you employ staff and are they covered for all eventualities?
- Are your staff qualified in the job they are employed to do and do they have the right to work documents to authorise them to work for your business?
- Employers Liability is a legal requirement even if you employ just one staff member and they are part time. Have you got this cover in place?
If you’re unsure whether you’ve got the right cover in place, or would like more information about our business insurance policies, why not give us a call today?