Do I need business insurance to deliver food and what type of insurance is required?

If you are delivering food you need Public Liability & Products Liability cover.

Public and products liability covers a 3rd party bodily injury or property damage. For example if you were in the process of delivering food and you manage to somehow damage someone’s property you would be protected for that by your insurance policy.

Product & Public Liability Insurance

Products Liability protects you if you are a manufacturer or supply goods.  There is always the possibility that your product could cause damage to a 3rd party – this could be a property or another person.  Even the smallest of injuries caused could open up a massive claim process so it is important that you do consider products liability for your business insurance.

Public Liability insurance covers you against any claims made against your business.  You could be held legally responsible for a personal injury or for damage to property.  Public Liability insurance will cover you for any legal costs associated with defending claims against your business.

You could even need Public Liability insurance for if you have your business at home especially if clients visit your premises.

At The Insurance Octopus we can create a bespoke commercial combined insurance policy, bringing in various additions to cover many specific risks your business may face. Why not get in touch today?