Summer may or may not be here but we are pretty much at the mercy of the good old british weather, which at times can make it difficult to prepare for the months ahead if you own a restaurant, pub or bar. No matter if the weather is cold, warm, wet, windy or snowing there will always be a need to attract custom throughout the summer months.
With the many sporting events/opportunities that are available to maximise summer trade for your pub, restaurant or bar why not look at offering some of these ideas –
- Look at offering Lions tour breakfasts, the British and Irish Lions embarked on a 5 week tour of Australia with a series of warm up games that have already started. The rugby has a great following, and will give you opportunities to draw in the crowds and to cash in on offering an early morning breakfast. The Tour climaxes with 3 tests against Australia beginning on the 22nd June.
- Wimbledon starts on the 24th June which we all love to watch, finishing with the mens final on the 7th July. Again great opportunities to offer strawberries and cream whilst watching the tennis followed with jugs of pimms to keep everyone in that summer feeling.
- After the finals at Wimbledon have finished 3 days later on the 10th July sees the start of the 5 test Ashes tour. Again even more opportunities to keep the crowds coming back offering all day barbeques, jugs of pimms or even a themed day of fun.
Summer 2013 has some great sporting events so if you are thinking of making this an opportunity to bring your licensed premises to be the place to be then you also need to be –
- Making sure your entertainment systems are in good working order, as you don’t want to disappoint customers.
- If you are going to offering specific drinks for instance jugs of Pimms, or all day breakfasts for the rugby, make sure you are order the right quantities as you don’t want to be running out half way through the day.
- Get your outside area ready for the sun, are your seating areas clean and have you washed down your garden furniture, are there enough sun parasols for all the tables that you have, are your gardens clean and tidy.
Simple and small things can make all the difference to your trade during the summer months.