What Business Insurance is needed for a tattoo shop?

If you have a tattoo shop you will need all the main business insurance (public liability, employer’s liability is essential if you employ anyone, product liability etc) plus ‘treatment risk’ which is an extension to public and product liability that covers you if there is a skin complaint or because of your work bodily injury or damage arises. This could relate to the actual treatment or product you use or the application which would then be covered by the public liability.

One main stipulation of this cover is that you would have to use proprietary branded ink and needles and wouldn’t be covered if you used equipment you made or that wasn’t approved.

All staff working on their own would need to be experienced and ideally have recognised qualifications; however trainees are allowed if supervised by an experienced member of staff.

Our consultants can go into more detail with you about this over the phone if required on 0161 968 2041.