Contents insurance helps to protect the items that belong to your business against risks such as theft, fire and water damage. It helps to cover loss or damage to all the contents which your business holds at your premises which are not part of the structure or the building itself, helping you to replace and repair them without a negative financial impact on your business.
What kind of cover is available under Contents?
- Fire and specific causes subject to certain exclusions
- Loss of metered water charges
- Breakage of fixed glass
- Damage to fixed signs
- Cost of replacement of locks and keys following theft
- Cost of locating the source of an escape of water from any fixed pipe or water apparatus at the premises
- Exhibition and trade fair cover
- Options to include accidental damage and / or subsidence cover
- Breakdown or failure of computer equipment, or loss / damage to computer records
Specific cover and benefits will differ depending on your insurer and type of business insurance. It is important to check your Policy Summary (Key Facts) and / or Schedule for specific features and exclusions.
You may also want to speak to our insurance specialists about specific add-ons to Contents insurance, such as Accidental Damage cover and or All Risks i.e. items taken away from the premises or when you go abroad.
If you work from home, it is worth checking to see if your business contents are covered by your home insurance policy as you may need more extensive cover.