With today’s businesses so dependent on vital computerised equipment and new technologies which often include fragile components, damage repair costs from breakdowns and the resulting loss of revenue can be higher than with traditional mechanical equipment.
Add to that the fact that many businesses now use cloud services to store important information that could potentially not be accessed in the event of equipment failure, and employees often travelling with a variety of different types of computerised equipment, Equipment Breakdown Cover is one way to help safeguard your business should a breakdown occur and leave you vulnerable.
What kind of cover is available under Equipment Breakdown Cover?
- Cover for computers, electronic equipment, refrigeration equipment, air conditioning, telecommunications, lifts, machinery, cash registers, boilers, and audio equipment
- Repair costs, replacement costs caused by breakdown
- Loss of profits caused by a breakdown
- Reinstatement of lost data
- Temporary repairs or short term hire of equipment costs
- Computer breakdown
- No exclusions for older equipment
Breakdown cover is often subject to an excess, subject to there being a maintenance contract in place, and there are some trade restrictions to automatic equipment breakdown cover. It is important to check with your insurer for more information about your exact cover; information relating to this can often be found in the Key Facts document.