Is employer’s liability insurance required for bars?

If your bar has one or more employees, by law you need to purchase employer’s liability insurance. The insurance will protect your business from any claims made by the staff which may injure themselves or become ill during their time working for you. This is set to a standard level of £10m, which should be a sufficient amount of cover you in the event an employee makes a claim which results in a large settlement figure, please note higher limits are available as required.