Bakery Shop Insurance FAQs

Gold Trusted Service Award - Feefo 2019
Gold Trusted Service Award - Feefo 2020
Platinum - Trusted Service Award - Feefo 2021

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Our most asked questions

  • Do I need product liability cover?

    As a baker you’ll no doubt wish to protect yourself from claims arising from the food products you sell. While not a legal requirement product liability will protect you from claims arising from food poisoning, allergic reactions and any injury or bodily harm that your products might cause.

  • Can I get cover for baked goods in transit?

    Our bakery insurance policy includes Goods in Transit insurance as an optional extra when choosing a policy that’s right for your business. Having the cover means that even when you’re taking your freshly made cakes, baked breads or other products from A to B, your stock will be covered should an incident occur. This insurance is perfect for those who transport important items like wedding cakes or food for events.

  • Am I covered for home baking?

    If you run your baking business from home, then yes, you can be completely covered by your insurance. Many self-employed businesses do start out working from home or continue to do so for their working lives, our insurance provides them with great cover for their own kitchen, office or other room in their own house. As with any business, insurance is an essential requirement to help protect your livelihood against sudden costs that may arise as a result of a claim.

Business Insurance Blog For all the things business & insurance