Why do a cake maker and decorator need public liability insurance?

If you work with the public, then public liability insurance is a must. Even if you don’t technically own a shop, if you take anything from consultations to cake tastings in your business premises, whether this is your own home or not, you need to be covered against accident or injury, as customers can claim this against your business. It’s better to be safe than sorry when it comes to working with the public.