Builders Insurance FAQs

Gold Trusted Service Award - Feefo 2019
Gold Trusted Service Award - Feefo 2020
Platinum - Trusted Service Award - Feefo 2021

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Our most asked questions

  • Do I need hired-in plant/owned plant insurance cover as a builder?

    If you hire or own any equipment that you use to carry out your building work, such as a cement mixer, then it is a good idea to take out hired-in plant/owned plant cover. This way, if the equipment is damaged or stolen, you won’t have to pay out of your own pocket for repairs or the replacement of it. Many companies that hire out equipment require that you take out hired-in plant insurance before they even consider giving you their equipment.

  • Why does a builder need public liability cover?

    In the building trade, there are many things that could go wrong and cause damage to property or harm to people. Of course, you will do all you can to avoid these types of things from happening, but if some unforeseen incident happens you could find yourself liable for a bill that would decimate the finances of your business, or even your personal finances. Public liability cover will foot the bill if your work causes harm or damage to someone else or their property.

  • Can you insure me as a self-employed builder?

    Yes we can. The insurance requirements for a self-employed builder are slightly different to those required for a contractor, because you may not be subject to employer’s liability insurance. When getting your quote, make sure you tell us that you are a self-employed builder, and the cover we offer will take that into account. If you have any queries or concerns, you can always call us and speak to one of our team who will be able to answer any questions you have.

Business Insurance Blog For all the things business & insurance