Do I need hired-in plant/owned plant insurance cover as a builder?

If you hire or own any equipment that you use to carry out your building work, such as a cement mixer, then it is a good idea to take out hired-in plant/owned plant cover. This way, if the equipment is damaged or stolen, you won’t have to pay out of your own pocket for repairs or the replacement of it. Many companies that hire out equipment require that you take out hired-in plant insurance before they even consider giving you their equipment.