Estate agents & lettings agents insurance

Flexible & tailored policies for estate & lettings agents

Compare quotes from a wide range of insurers now

Start your quote

What is insurance for estate & lettings agents?

A bespoke policy made for your estate agent and lettings agency business

As an estate or lettings agent the type of business you’re in means you’ll want and need the right cover to ensure your business is protected should the worse happen, be it a claim or a loss. But with a comprehensive range of covers on offer, we are able to tailor and design the right cover for estate and lettings agents so you can be sure your business is adequately protected. With cover including professional indemnity, public liability and employers liability we can supply you with a quote for your business insurance you can be happy with. It’s a dog eat dog world out there and mistakes can and do happen, but with our dedicated professional indemnity cover for lettings and estate agents you can be sure you’re covered should your advice result in a claim being made against your business.



Our estate & lettings agents insurance policy includes



Professional Indemnity cover for estate agents
Professional Indemnity insurance offers protection for miss-advice, service errors, contract performance disputes or any other professional liability issues. With policies able to provide cover for court and legal defence costs as well as any awarded damages or compensation which might be due following a claim for professional negligence.

Public Liability cover
An all important core cover available at sums ranging from £1 million to £5 million. Higher sums can also be made available upon request. This cover will ensure your business is covered should a customer or member of the public be injured or suffer property damage as a result of your businesses negligence.

Employers Liability Insurance
Employers liability cover ensures you are covered in the event of a claim made by an employee of the business. With cover there to protect you in the event of employment tribunals or compensation claims made by staff.

Business interruption insurance
Provides cover for a loss of profits caused by a disaster or loss, aiding you in getting your business back up and running again as soon as possible. The cover helps take care of a variety of business expenses over a set indemnity period, meaning you suffer as little interruption as possible, with cover based on your previous years trading accounts.

Contents cover
A comprehensive cover designed to protect your businesses all important office contents.

Buildings insurance cover
Protect the bricks and mortar parts of your business, with cover against damage to your business premises structure. This might include the floors, walls and roof of your commercial property and will typically also cover any fixtures and fittings too.

Our fundamental cover let’s you get on with running your business; with peace of mind should an insured loss occur.



Why you need estate agents insurance



Running a successful estate or lettings agency isn’t easy. Your clients look to you for advice, buyers, sellers, tenants and landlords expert you to be an expert in your field. But for times when mistakes are made professional indemnity is there to help. No good estate or lettings agency intends to give bad advice, but the financial consequences of doing so can be devastating. Whether you win or lose, or if you’re even at fault in the first place or not, the cost of defending a claim can take its toll both financially and in terms of stress. As an agency you’ll want to maintain a certain level of professionalism, with many agencies now requiring certain levels of insurance in order to meet the standards of joining certain industry bodies. The NAEA and RICS are just two such bodies that both require Professional Indemnity Insurance to become a member.

Compare a wide range of dedicated business
insurance covers for Estate Agents and Letting Agents

Professional Indemnity Insurance brokers

Our insurance specialists are on hand to tailor an insurance policy to meet your businesses needs. With access to a wide panel of insurers we can source the best deals and levels of cover for a wide variety of business types.

Insuring thousands of small businesses

We are wholly dedicated to delivering a best in class business insurance service, and we successfully insure over 22,000 businesses. Get in touch with one of the team today for a quote.

Why choose us for your estate & lettings agents insurance?

We proudly make buying insurance different and our cover comes with a range of benefits.

Up to £5 million of cover

We can't stop accidents from happening but our Professional Indemnity insurance will give you up to £5m worth of cover - with up £5 million worth of public liability insurance cover also included.

Fast specific cover

To help save you both time and money. We compare prices from a range of different insurers so you don’t have to.

Specialists who understand your profession

Connecting you with agents who are experts in your field. They understand many of the challenges you face, & can tailor a policy to your needs.

Easy claims process

Accidents can happen, so when something does go wrong you can rest easy knowing our team is on hand to make the claims process as quick and stress free as possible.

Octopus customer rewards

We pride ourselves on the value we offer our customers, and with Octopus Customer rewards we give our customers a few additional benefits to their insurance such as discounts and offers to save them money.

No mid term fees, ever

We don’t charge any mid-term fees at all during the life of your policy – so there are no hidden fees following any changes you might need to make.

See what our customers are saying


Customer satisfaction rating

Based on 500 reviews of all time - Read all reviews

Estate & lettings agents insurance FAQ’s

Get the answers you're looking for

Can you cover Residential, commercial or both?

Our insurance is suitable for a number of estate and lettings agents and covers both residential and commercial property. This means that we are able to assist a wide range of agents and offer comprehensive insurance products that cover a wealth of situations. Whether you’re a small agent dealing with a few residential properties or a massive commercial player, we’ll have a product that’s right for you and your business.

Can you cover Residential, commercial or both?

Why do estate or lettings agents need professional indemnity insurance?

Mistakes happen from time to time and while you’ll never intentionally try to give poor or misleading information to customers, it’s important that you’re covered in the event of a problem occurring. A professional indemnity insurance policy will cover you for any successful compensation awards made against you as a result of a claim and pay any defence costs that arise in the event of legal action being taken against your business. This cover is an essential part of trading as an estate agent.

Why do estate or lettings agents need professional indemnity insurance?

Do I need cyber and data risk insurance?

Your computer systems probably contain a great deal of information about your customers and clients. If a data breach were to occur and that data was impacted, you could face significant fines and compensation claims under the GDPR regulations. Although cyber and data risk insurance will not cover the fines it will help protect you in the event one of your data subjects claims for compensation as a result of the claim. However, it’s no substitute for a good set of data security measures.

Do I need cyber and data risk insurance?

How it works

Examples of estate agents & lettings agents insurance in action

Not just a nightmare tenant

A firm of letting agents had a seriously unhappy landlord on their book after a tenant took off without paying any rent and left their flat in a terrible state. A detailed investigation revealed that the tenant referencing process had not been completed properly, leaving the agency open to a claim against them. Thankfully, they knew that the professional indemnity insurance that was in place for relevant workers would cover any costs that arose from this mistake.

Types of professionals we can cover

Agricultural Consultants Insurance
Building Contractors Insurance
Business Analyst Insurance
Business Consultants Insurance
Change Management Insurance
Chartered Building Consultants ...
Computer Programmers Insurance
Creative Consultant Insurance
Directors & Officers ...
Engineering Consultant Insurance
Environmental Consultants Insurance
Estate & Lettings ...
Graphic Designers Insurance
Health and Safety ...
Interior Designer Insurance
IT Analysts Insurance
IT Computer Contractors ...
IT Hardware or ...
Management Consultants Insurance
Marketing Consultants Insurance
Photographers Insurance
Project Managers Insurance
Recruitment Consultant Insurance
Sales, Media and ...
Software Consultants Insurance
Telecommunications Consultants Insurance
Training Consultants Insurance
Training Providers Insurance
Translators Insurance
Website Designers Insurance

Get Business Insurance off your to do list

Help protect and grow your business with tailor
made business insurance from The Insurance Octopus

Articles & guides for professionals