Popular insurance covers for your business
Protect your shop, it's stock, contents & business equipment against malicious damage, fire, theft and more - with cover available for a range of different shop types.
Arrange insurance for your hospitality & leisure business with cover available for Restaurants, Pubs Hotels, Bars, B & B’s and a whole host of hospitality businesses.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Get tailor made cover for your profession with protection for the advice and service you offer to clients plus a range of other core and optional covers you might need.
With tradesman insurance available for over 900 different trade types - we'll help protect you and your business from a whole host of different risks and perils.
Hair and Beauty Insurance
Comprehensive cover for the hair and beauty industry - providing you with the protection and peace of mind you need to carry out your treatments.
Choose from a range of insurance covers to protect your residential and commercial properties from a range of risks including; fire, theft & natural disaster.
Tailored cover for your office with liability cover, business equipment cover and more. We'll put together a policy for you no matter the size or type of business.
Business Professional Insurance
Our business professional cover is perfect for consultants & professionals working from home or third party premises - with cover available for hundreds of professions.
Bespoke Business Insurance
There’s nothing quite like running your own business is there? The personal fulfilment that comes with doing something you love, with people whose collective aim is to make your business a success sure is a great feeling. And what about the independence and flexibility that comes with working for yourself? You get to decide which products you sell, which services are worthwhile and how to meet changing customer demands through business insight and expertise. And when you have that perfect combination of talented staff, great work ethic and products and services that truly meet customer needs, then you know that you’re onto a winner. But sometimes life throws curveballs at winners, and you must be prepared for the consequences if you don’t have a suitable Business Insurance policy in place.
A Business Insurance policy from The Insurance Octopus ensures a unique approach to your insurance cover. Allowing you to pick and choose from cover including Public Liability, Employers’ Liability, Business Building Insurance and Business Interruption Insurance, you also gain the added bonus of an insurance broker with a breadth of experience. From Hair & Beauty Insurance, Restaurant Insurance and Hotel Insurance through to Pub Insurance, Office Insurance, Shop Insurance and more, we have a superb range of Business Insurance policies that can keep your company safe, and your business protected.
If you’re in need of a Business Insurance policy and a Business Insurance quote that takes your requirements into account, and provides savings and discounts that you’ll love, then please get in touch with our insurance team today on 0161 968 2060.
What Is Business Insurance?
Business Insurance provides your business – whether that’s a restaurant, pub, hotel or shop – with a secure way to protect itself and the businesses it interacts with from financial risks, such as property damage, stock damage, business interruption and public liability, among other financial risks. Regardless of whether you own a small business, restaurant chain, expanding hospitality business or are just getting your tradesman business started, Business Insurance can give your business financial and legal support when it comes to compensation claims, court cases and any Business Insurance costs and outlays.
The great thing about Business Insurance is that it’s made up of a range of insurance cover, such as: Employers’ Liability Insurance, Product Liability Insurance, Public Liability Insurance and Business Equipment Cover, as well as Professional Indemnity Insurance and Business Building Insurance. Specialist Business Insurance cover can also be included, such as Cyber Insurance and Data Risk Protection, depending on what’s specified in your insurance policy and the needs of your business. For example, within a Hair & Beauty Insurance policy, you may need Business Insurance cover for Treatment Liability Insurance. At The Insurance Octopus, we help all types of businesses find the most suitable Business Insurance quote and Business Insurance policy for them, so that business risks are reduced as well as legal liability.
So whether you’re in need of Restaurant Insurance, Hotel Insurance, Shop Insurance or Landlord Insurance, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today on 0161 968 2060 for a Business Insurance quote that will keep you covered, and your business protected.
Business Hazards & How To Manage Them
We know that owning your own business can be a business in itself – through all the highs and lows, wins and failures, there’s lessons to learn and ways to improve business practices. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if as business owners and managers, we always knew what was around the corner, and how to navigate business complexities with certain success? That would be fantastic. Unfortunately, life isn’t so straightforward, and business hazards can occur at any moment. Sometimes beyond our control, these business hazards need to be suitably prepared for – even if that simply means taking out a Business Insurance policy that covers the unexpected. At The Insurance Octopus, we know that the business hazards facing tradesmen, beauticians and shop owners differ to those of restaurant managers, pub owners and office managers, but the following section outlines business hazards to be aware of, and how to effectively manage them.
Regardless of whether you run a shop, restaurant, hotel or manage an office, your operations will have been impacted by COVID-19 safety measures. We’ve all had to adjust to ensure the health and safety of our staff and clientele, but this is a small price to pay when we consider all those that have had to close down. There are government guidelines to follow when it comes to shops, hotels, pubs and restaurants – as well as offices and commercial businesses – and these include the, ’Working safely during COVID-19 in shops and branches’ guidelines, UK Hospitality guidelines and Food Standard Authority’s guidelines. Here we outline some of the key COVID-19 safety measures mentioned within the guidelines above to help prevent the spread of coronavirus with the aim of keeping your customers, clients and team members safe:
- To maintain 2m social distancing wherever possible, including while arriving at and departing from work, while in work and when travelling between sites. Social distancing applies to all parts of your business, not just the places where people spend most of their time, but also entrances and exits, break rooms, canteens and similar settings.
- Using signs and posters to build awareness of good handwashing technique, the need to increase hand washing frequency, avoid touching your face and to cough or sneeze into a tissue which is binned safely, or into your arm if a tissue is not available.
- Carrying out a full site assessment to determine if you can undertake a thorough clean or if a professional deep clean is needed for your restaurant, shop, office, pub or hotel.
- Use PPE (personal protective equipment) when it comes to the handling and making of food, which includes gloves and face masks.
- Regular cleaning of objects and surfaces that are touched regularly, including self-checkouts, trolleys, coffee machines, betting machines or staff handheld devices, and making sure there are adequate disposal arrangements for cleaning products.
We suggest you read the COVID-19 government guidelines yourself for your business and industry.
Slips, Trips & Falls
Working from heights within construction. Spilt liquid in a restaurant, pub or hotel. Loose wiring in an office. These all present hazards and unsafe work areas, and are all causes of slips, trips and falls within a workplace, and possibly Public Liability and Employers Liability claims. It is your responsibility to minimise any slips, trips and falls, so you should ensure employees are fitted with the correct safety equipment if they are working at height, put signs up where spills have occurred to alert any passers-by and customers, remove any obstruction that could cause somebody to trip, and install safety matting in particularly hazardous areas.
Inventory Damage & Stock Damage
Flooding, fires and storms are one thing – vandalism and intentional damage is another. Natural disasters and human intervention can truly take their toll on your business premises, your stock and contents – greatly hindering business activity. All restaurant owners, pub owners, and hoteliers, as well as cafe shop and cafe managers know how time-sensitive food is, and how power outages can result in product losses, especially those that need to be refrigerated. And if your business relies on products that get damaged during burglaries, or tools that get stolen which pushes back projects, then you know how important protecting your inventory, stock and tools are. Along with suitable security measures, Business Insurance that covers you for this can ensure you’re compensated, and can replace the losses you incur.
Cyber Attacks & Data Breaches
According to the government’s, ‘Cyber Security Breaches Survey 2019’, 32% of businesses and 22% of charities cited that they had experienced cyber security breaches or attacks that year, and that among these organisations, the most common attacks were phishing emails, others impersonating their organisation online, viruses or other malware, including ransomware. But cybercriminals can target your shop, hotel or office in other ways. A distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack could interfere with the server your website runs on, preventing customers from purchasing items, booking a room or engaging with your business – preventing new customers and clients from contacting you. Hacks into your point-of-sale (PoS) systems limit your ability to trade, especially if clients have no cash on them. To prevent cyber attacks, encrypting data and adding multiple layers of authentication are a start, as is installing antivirus software. Cyber cover is a whole other level, and is a key Business Insurance policy that we can provide here at The Insurance Octopus.
Along with business interruption, moving objects, electricity and power tools, there are a range of risks that you, as a business owner, should prepare for.
The Businesses That Could Benefit From Business Insurance
At The Insurance Octopus, we pride ourselves on providing our clients with a range of Business Insurance policies, allowing them to pick and choose the most suitable for their business. We know that the needs of a tradesman vastly differ from those of a tanning salon, restaurant and shop, and therefore, we assess your business requirements appropriately. From bistros and B&Bs through to boutiques and budget hotels, our Business Insurance policies can cover all of this and more, and we can even provide cover for multiple businesses too, should you need us to.
What follows is a selection of the business types we can cover under one of our Business Insurance policies:
- Hair & Beauty Insurance
- Hairdressers Insurance
- Barbers Insurance
- Nail Technician Insurance
- Tanning Salon Insurance
Providing cover for treatments such as waxing, nails, piercings and hair removal, along with skin treatments, tanning, massages and more, a Business Insurance Hair & Beauty Insurance policy can make or break your business.
- Restaurant Insurance
- Kebab Restaurant Insurance
- Italian Restaurant Insurance
- Thai Restaurant Insurance
- Takeaway Restaurant Insurance
- Fast Food Outlet Insurance
- Bistro Insurance
- Burger Bar Insurance
- Pizzeria Insurance
- Buffet Restaurants Insurance
Providing cover such as Stock & Contents Cover, Seasonal Increases Insurance, Loss Of Licence Cover and Shop Front & Glass, a Business Insurance Restaurant Insurance policy can truly take the biscuit.
- Hotel Insurance
- Bed and Breakfast Insurance (B&B Insurance)
- Luxury Hotel Insurance
- Spa Hotel Insurance
- Hotel Resort Insurance
- Boutique Hotel Insurance
- Business Hotel Insurance
- Eco Hotel Insurance
- Budget Hotel Insurance
- Apartment Hotel Insurance
- Holiday Cottage Insurance
- Motel Insurance
With threats such as business interruption, public liability and employer liability to be prepared for, Hotel Insurance can give you peace of mind knowing that your hotel business is protected as stipulated in your Business Insurance policy.
- Shop Insurance
- Bakery Insurance
- Boutique Insurance
- Bridal Shop Insurance
- Cafe Insurance
- Coffee Shop Insurance
- Fish & Chip Shop Insurance
- Florists Insurance
- Newsagents Insurance
- Pet Shops Insurance
- Sandwich Shop Insurance
- Tearoom Insurance
From Seasonal Increases Insurance and Theft by Employees through to Portable Equipment and Stock & Contents Cover, our Shop Insurance is extensive.
- Commercial Combined Insurance
- Manufacturers Insurance
- Wholesalers Insurance
- Offices and Business Administration Insurance
- Warehousing Insurance
- Sports Business Insurance
- Leisure Business Insurance
- Entertainment Business Insurance
- Construction Business Insurance
- Technology Business Insurance
Commercial Combined Insurance provides companies flexibility with their Business Insurance needs, with the added bonus of specialist cover too.
- Tradesman Insurance
- Bricklayer Insurance
- Builders Insurance
- Carpenters Insurance
- Carpet Cleaners Insurance
- Cleaners Insurance
- Contractors Insurance
- Electricians Insurance
- Gardeners Insurance
- Handymen Insurance
- Kitchen Fitters Insurance
- Painters Insurance
- Decorators Insurance
- Plumbers Insurance
- Window Cleaner Insurance
Covering a range of trades, and necessary equipment, including but not limited to: diggers, mini diggers, cherry pickers, concrete mixers, cranes, dozers, dumpers, excavators, mini excavators, forklifts, generators and loading shovels – here at The Insurance Octopus, our Tradesman Insurance has got you covered.
Along with Pub Insurance and Office Insurance, our range of Business Insurance policies are vast and offer a superb range of cover. If you’re in need of a policy, please call The Insurance Octopus today on 0161 968 2060 for your bespoke Business Insurance quote and to discuss your policy requirements.
What Does Business Insurance Cover?
At The Insurance Octopus, we can provide Business Insurance quotes and Business Insurance policies to clients from a range of sectors – such as hair & beauty, construction, pubs, hotels and restaurants, as well as cater to the Business Insurance needs of offices. We’ve built up strong relationships with a whole host of reputable UK insurers, and therefore can negotiate Business Insurance policies and prices on your behalf. Whether you’re in need of Hotel Insurance, Pub Insurance, Restaurant Insurance or Office Insurance, we can help, and will do our utmost to provide you with the most suitable Business Insurance quote and Business Insurance policy.
Our knowledge of the Business Insurance market is extensive, and this aids our discussions with those top-rated insurers. With guided support and honest recommendations, we’ll help you to create the perfect Business Insurance policy for you. With The Insurance Octopus, you have nothing to lose, but without us, you could lose everything.
You may be known for your signature dish, but should that dish become a food poisoning scandal, then you’ll be known for a lot more. Restaurant Insurance as your Business Insurance policy can keep you protected against claims related to food safety, public safety, employers liability and loss of money, as well as provide compensation for damaged stock, stolen equipment and business interruption. Restaurant Insurance as your Business Insurance policy is a must for restaurant managers, and can take many forms, for example:
Kebab Restaurant Insurance; Italian Restaurant Insurance; Thai Restaurant Insurance; Takeaway Restaurant Insurance; Fast Food Outlet Insurance; Bistro Insurance; Burger Bar Insurance; Pizzeria Insurance; Buffet Restaurants Insurance. With so much at stake, a Restaurant Insurance policy could be the difference between staying open and being closed for good.
In a single Restaurant Insurance policy, you could be covered for a variety of the following:
- Product Liability Insurance: Product Liability Insurance covers your restaurant business against any harm caused by the food and drink you sell, and that your customers consume. For example, Restaurant Insurance can cover any hospital fees and compensation claims related to food poisoning.
- Public Liability Insurance: Public Liability Insurance as part of your Business Insurance policy covers you against public claims of bodily injury, accidental damage to personal belongings, costs of medical treatment and where insured, restaurant insurance cases related to trespassing and interference.
- Employers’ Liability Insurance: Within our Business Insurance quotes, we can offer you £10 million Restaurant Employers’ Liability Insurance, providing cover for bodily injury, mental injury or other insurance claims made against you by restaurant employees and part-time employees.
- Business Interruption Insurance: As part of your Business Insurance policy, Business Interruption Insurance covers you against loss of income in cases of closure – for example, due to fire, flood, vandalism or loss of licence. Here at The Insurance Octopus, our policies can extend to business interruptions caused by water, gas and electricity.
- Stock & Contents Cover: Restaurants, bistros, kebab shops and pizzerias may all have different dishes on their menus, but one simple fact binds them together: They all depend on stock to make those dishes. Where ingredients are the backbone of your business, your Business Insurance policy should cover this. What would you do if your ingredients were stolen, or were left to spoil due to a power outage? And what about any personal belongings you leave on site, and equipment such as ovens, microwaves, blenders and specialist cooking equipment? Stock & Contents Cover can provide cover.
- Seasonal Increases Insurance: Seasonal Increases Insurance is beneficial for restaurants, buffets, takeaways and burger bars that experience influxes of restaurant customers at certain times of the year. Need more tea and coffee in winter? Find that summer increases your demand for ice cream? Seasonal Increases Insurance will insure these seasonal increases of stock, and is always a great addition to any Business Insurance policy that relates to produce. Please check with our team to ensure our policy can meet your requirements.
- Business Building Cover: If you own the property or building in which your restaurant operates from, then Business Building Cover is important in insurance cases of damage. Business Building Cover can provide compensation for damage caused by floods, subsidence, landslip and heave, as well as storms. As part of your Business Insurance policy, Business Building Cover will pay for repairs needed to get your restaurant business serving your signature dishes again.
- Fixtures & Fittings Insurance: Does your kebab shop, bistro or restaurant have expensive signage that makes your business stand out from the rest on the street? How about artwork within the business, or glass shelving units that showcase your alcohol, awards or business keepsakes? These fixtures and fittings add to the restaurant atmosphere. Fixtures & Fittings Insurance covers loss of, and damage to these items, as well as carpets, seating and tables, among others.
At The Insurance Octopus, we can also provide Business Insurance quotes for Loss of License Insurance, Loss of Money Insurance, Shop Front & Glass and Personal Accident Insurance, as well as Legal Expenses Insurance, under one Restaurant Insurance policy. So whether you’re after Pizzeria Insurance, Kebab Restaurant Insurance, Takeaway Restaurant Insurance, Fast Food Outlet Insurance or Buffet Restaurants Insurance, our friendly insurance team will help you find the right Business Insurance policy for you. To find your Business Insurance quote and Business Insurance policy, please get in touch with The Insurance Octopus today, or fill in this handy form here.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
We all make mistakes – it’s a fact of life. But unfortunately, some mistakes can end up costing you thousands of pounds. Regardless of whether you’re self-employed, run a small operation or a national business, if you’ve provided a subpar service, damaging advice or created products that didn’t meet the client’s specifications, you could be held liable for the costs charged to the client. Professional Indemnity Insurance provides your business with cover for the legal costs of expenses in defending the claim, as well as any compensation sought to amend the mistake.
Professional Indemnity Insurance – as part of your Business Insurance quote – can cover you against a range of business mistakes, such as:
- Professional negligence.
- Loss of documents or data.
- Unintentional breach of copyright and/or confidentiality.
- Defamation and libel.
Who Needs Professional Indemnity Insurance?
Many professions require Professional Indemnity Insurance as part of their industry body’s regulatory requirements. However, even if you’re not obligated to have Professional Indemnity Insurance, without it, you could be liable for thousands of pounds worth of legal fees and compensation payments – not to mention lost income from the time spent defending any allegation.
Professions that may need Professional Indemnity Insurance include:
- Management and business consultants such as marketing consultants, training consultants and education consultants.
- IT professionals including IT contractors, consultants, programmers and developers.
- Technical and engineers contractors including CAD designers, project engineers and offshore oil and gas engineers.
- Designers such as web designers, graphic designers and interior designers.
- Fitness professionals including personal trainers, dance teachers and yoga instructors.
How Much Professional Indemnity Insurance Do I Need?
Selecting a Professional Indemnity Insurance limit as part of your Business Insurance policy depends largely on your company’s situation. If you only need Professional Indemnity Insurance for a certain project, then it’s possible the client will have a specified minimum. It’s always worth checking this against your industry body too, and we advise checking this before arranging Professional Indemnity cover.
Alternatively, imagine a worst case scenario if you were to make a mistake on a piece of work for a client, and estimate the cost of putting it right. Remember to take into consideration any legal fees and losses that could be incurred by your client as a result of the error.
At The Insurance Octopus, we can’t stop accidents from happening, but Professional Indemnity Insurance can give you up to £5m worth of cover – with up to £5 million worth of Public Liability Insurance cover also included, should you wish. To learn more about our Professional Indemnity Insurance offerings, please get in touch with us today and for your Professional Indemnity Insurance quote, please click here.
Hair & Beauty Insurance
They say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but in your line of business, you know that beauty can be enhanced with your treatments, touch ups and highlights. With looks being very much tied to our self esteem, it can be pretty disheartening to clients if their treatment goes wrong, and they’re left dissatisfied. Beauty treatments can cause adverse effects, even if every precaution was taken, and you don’t want your beauty business to suffer because of this. Hair & Beauty Insurance as your Business Insurance policy can provide compensation to said clients, as well as provide you with Property Damage Insurance, Stock Insurance and Business Interruption Insurance among other key Business Insurance policies. Hair & Beauty Insurance as your Business Insurance policy can take many forms, for example: Hairdressers Insurance, Barbers Insurance, Nail Technician Insurance and Tanning Salon Insurance. When your clients’ health and safety depends on your expertise, it’s always better to be safe than sorry, and have a suitable Business Insurance policy in place for business security.
In a single Hair & Beauty Insurance policy, you could be covered for a variety of the following:
- Treatment Liability Insurance: Suitable for businesses including hairdressers, beauty therapists, nail technicians and barbers, Treatment Liability Insurance provides cover against compensation claims due to professional negligence or malpractice caused by the treatments provided. With common claims including burns from hot wax treatments and allergic reactions to hair products and chemical peels, Treatment Liability Insurance can provide cover for a wide range of beauty treatments, such as:
- Tinting, colouring, bleaching, and permanent waving of hair.
- Hand, nail and foot care.
- Waxing and other hair removal techniques treatments.
- Eye and eyebrow treatments.
- Make up and spa treatments.
- Property Damage Insurance: Property Damage Insurance covers your beauty business from a range of hazards, such as fires, smoke, lightning, explosions and earthquakes, as well as riots, civil commotion, strikers, locked-out workers or persons taking part in labour disturbances or malicious persons. Along with damage caused by storm or flooding, this Business Insurance policy can also protect you from theft or attempted theft that causes property damage too.
- Business Interruption Insurance: Triggered when an insured incident such as a fire, theft, storm or flood causes property damage, which results in the business being unable to trade as normal. Possible extensions include: loss at suppliers’ premises within Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man; Failure of public supply, such as gas, electricity and water; denial of access and loss of attraction to the beauty business – perhaps due to property damage that simply puts people off.
- Personal Accident Insurance: It’s not just your clients’ safety you should think of, it’s your own too. With Personal Accident Insurance as part of your Business Insurance quote, you’ll typically be compensated for the following: death; loss of limb or loss of eye; permanent total loss of speech; permanent total loss of hearing in both ears; permanent total disablement from gainful employment of any and every kind; temporary total disablement. Extensions to Personal Accident Insurance include: medical expenses; coma benefit; commuting expenses; hospitalisation.
- Legal Expenses Insurance: Legal Expenses Insurance ensures that you are financially covered should legal action be taken against you, or by you. Covering everything from legal and tax advice, a counselling helpline and employment protection through to contract and debt recovery, Legal Expenses Insurance also covers costs incurred due to court dates, trials and representation.
At The Insurance Octopus, we can also provide Business Insurance quotes for Loss of Liquor Licence Insurance, Money Insurance, Goods in Transit Insurance and Terrorism Insurance, as well as Fidelity Insurance, Public Liability, Product Liability and Employers’ Liability, under one Hair & Beauty Insurance policy. So whether you’re after Hairdressers Insurance, Barbers Insurance, Nail Technician Insurance or Tanning Salon Insurance, we can help find the right policy for you. To find your Business Insurance policy and for a Business Insurance quote, please get in touch with The Insurance Octopus today or fill in this handy form here.
At The Insurance Octopus, we know that there are vast differences between luxury hotels, B&Bs and business hotels, but what unites them is their need for a suitable Hotel Insurance policy. Covering everything from Buildings Insurance, Contents Insurance and Business Interruption Insurance through to Stock Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance and Loss of License Insurance, Hotel Insurance as your Business Insurance policy is a must for hoteliers, hotel managers and business owners, and can take many forms, for example: Luxury Hotel Insurance; Spa Hotel Insurance; Hotel Resort Insurance; Boutique Hotel Insurance; Business Hotel Insurance; Eco Hotel Insurance; Budget Hotel Insurance; B&B Insurance; Apartment Hotel Insurance; Holiday Cottage Insurance; Motel Insurance. With so much to lose, a Hotel Insurance policy could end up saving you thousands, securing the future of your business.
In a single Hotel Insurance policy, you could be covered for a variety of the following:
- Public Liability Insurance: With standard levels of cover available from £1m to £5m, Public Liability Insurance protects your hotel against compensation claims made by members of the public, due to injury or property damage. Additional levels of cover are available upon request subject to terms and conditions.
- Employers’ Liability Insurance: Treating hotel staff with respect and care isn’t just about providing flexible working hours and fair pay; it extends to having the right Employers’ Liability insurance in place to provide them with support should they suffer an injury while working for you. Employers’ Liability will pay damages and associated legal costs in respect of death, disease or illness caused to employees, so that they are taken care of, as well as their families. Here at The Insurance Octopus, our Employers’ Liability comes with £10m cover as standard.
- Business Interruption Insurance: You may be adept with health and safety standards, but sometimes, the universe has other plans. Business Interruption Insurance covers you against damage caused by fire, flooding, loss of license and vandalism, paying out on loss of gross profit due to this. When you consider how expensive a kitchen could be to replace, or a room to redecorate, we couldn’t recommend this insurance cover more.
- Building & Contents Insurance: Hotel Building Insurance covers the insurance costs of repairing or rebuilding your hotel, motel, guest house or B&B if it is damaged or destroyed by an unexpected insured event such as a fire or flood. Business Contents Insurance, however, covers the cost of replacing your business’s contents and stock – such as ingredients and equipment- providing compensation for replacements.
- Stock Insurance: From your ingredients, beverages and imported snacks through to cleaning supplies, amenities and toiletries, Stock Insurance covers damage to, or loss of, these key items that help make your hotel the success it is. Under Stock Insurance, we can provide cover for Seasonal Increases and Deterioration of Stock, so that all bases are covered to a specified amount.
- Loss of License Insurance: What’s more important – serving your hotel guests alcoholic beverages, or staying out of prison? Without a drink license, the latter could be your outcome. However, with our Loss of License cover, you’ll receive compensation for loss of earnings whether that’s due to forfeiture, withdrawal, suspension or refusal of transfer of your alcohol licence, and subject to the reason aligning with the specific policy terms and conditions.
- Portable Equipment Insurance: Covering items such as laptops and mobile phones, we can provide you with compensation for accidental breakage to your portable equipment, as well as cover for any that are stolen.
- Fixtures & Fittings Cover Regardless of whether you’re a big hotel chain, a boutique hotel or a B&B, clients likely recognise your company from the branding, signage and decor that flows throughout your hotel. Fixtures & Fittings Cover can protect furnishings such as your tables, chairs and window displays from any loss or damage done to them, so that the expenses are never yours to bear.
At The Insurance Octopus, we can also provide Business Insurance quotes for Legal Expenses Insurance, Product Liability Insurance and Loss of Money Insurance, as well as Personal Accident Insurance under one Hotel Insurance policy. So whether you’re after Luxury Hotel Insurance, Spa Hotel Insurance, Hotel Resort Insurance or B&B Insurance, our helpful insurance team will help you find the right Business Insurance policy for you. To find your Business Insurance quote and Business Insurance policy, please get in touch with The Insurance Octopus today, or fill in this handy form here.
‘’There were a number of bespoke or less-typical business activities that needed indemnity insurance and The Insurance Octopus demonstrated hard work, patience and good understanding in finding me the correct cover.’’ – Chris Yates
That first sip of an alcoholic drink is a rite of passage for many 18 year olds, as are the hen nights, stag dos and parties that may begin (or end) at your establishment. Your pub may set the scene for first dates, family gatherings and quiz nights that make your pub nostalgic or sentimental in value. Whether your pub operates well into the early hours of the morning, or focuses more on food and that family atmosphere, one thing remains clear: A Pub Insurance policy will keep your customers, staff and stock safe, and your business premises protected.
From Public Liability Insurance and Product Liability Insurance through to Contents Cover, Stock Cover and Personal Accident Assault Insurance, there is much that our Pub Insurance can cover. Along with Loss of License Cover and Employers Liability Insurance, with The Insurance Octopus, your pub is in safe hands.
In a single Pub Insurance policy, you could have comprehensive cover for a variety of the following:
- Loss of Licence Cover: From beers, wines and gins through to whiskeys, brandies and ciders, your alcohol offering likely makes up a great portion of your revenue, and therefore, under UK law, your alcohol license is key to pub operation. If you lost your license – perhaps for accidentally serving minors – you could be put in jail should you continue to serve alcohol without it. With our Loss of License cover, you’ll receive compensation for loss of earnings whether that’s due to forfeiture, withdrawal, suspension or refusal of transfer of your alcohol licence, and subject to the reason aligning with the specific policy terms and conditions.
- Public Liability Insurance: If one of your customers is injured or has damage done to their personal property, could you foot the bill? What if their laptop got broken, or worse still, their arm, leg or back? Public liability protects you against the cost of repairs or any legal proceedings that may be filed against you. Standard levels of cover are available from £1m to £5m, with additional levels of cover available upon request subject to terms and conditions.
- Product Liability Insurance: You may be known for your delicious meals and generous portions, but if they cause food poisoning, then that’s what you’ll be remembered for. Product Liability Insurance provides compensation to customers who become ill or suffer an injury due to your food and drink, with cover available up to £5m.
- Employers’ Liability Insurance: Within our Business Insurance quotes, we can offer you £10 million Employers’ Liability Insurance, providing cover for bodily injury, mental injury or other injury claims made against you by employees and part-time employees. Your pub team helps make your business the success it is. Help them get better as soon as possible.
- Stock Cover: Fish and chips. Shepherd’s pie. Beef brisket. Vegan pasta. Whatever your mouth-watering menu comprises, they all require ingredients to make the dishes. What would you do if your stock went to spoil, or was stolen or damaged due to a fire or flood? With Stock Cover, your ingredients are protected, and compensation given should they need to be replaced.
- Personal Accident Assault Insurance (An add on to Money Cover): You know the risks you face in your pub better than anyone else. Though attacks in pubs are rare, they do happen, and can result in money theft too. Personal Accident Assault Insurance means that you could receive a weekly income for a period of time if you were unable to work as a result of the assault. In the event of death, a lump sum could be paid to your dependents.
- Cash on Premises Cover: It doesn’t matter if it’s £100, £1000 or £10,000 – you’ve earnt that money, and therefore, you deserve to keep it. Under Cash on Premises Insurance, you’re compensated for: loss of money during business hours; loss of money in a bank night safe; loss of money in a locked safe when closed for business; loss of money in transit; loss of money not in a locked safe when close for business.
- Legal Expenses Insurance: Should you need to take legal action against a customer, supplier or employee, or they take action against you, Legal Expenses Insurance will cover you financially, and may cover legal fees too.
At The Insurance Octopus, we can also offer Business Insurance quotes for Business Interruption Insurance, Employee Assault (as a result of money theft) and Contents Cover, as well as Goods In Transit and Buildings Cover, under one Pub Insurance policy. To find your Business Insurance quote and Business Insurance policy, please get in touch with The Insurance Octopus today, or fill in this handy form here.
Imagine the scene. You unlock your office’s doors, and you can tell something’s not right. On closer inspection, you notice your staff’s computers have been stolen, the printer is missing and there’s damage to the windows. Your branded signage has been broken, and your carpets have been dirtied. Your staff can no longer work, and projects and deadlines will be pushed back. Your reputation is on the line, and because you don’t have Office Insurance, you’ll have to spend thousands replacing all the equipment, restoring any lost data, and potentially, paying a hefty fine if that data leaks and wasn’t GDPR-compliant. Now imagine the same scene, and instead calling up your insurer, who can help you with compensation claims should you be covered for all of this under your policy, helping your business get back to work as swiftly as possible. Doesn’t the latter sound better?
In a single Office Insurance policy, you could be covered for a range of the following:
- Buildings Insurance: If you own the building from which you operate from, or you’ve made alterations to a rented space to meet the specific requirements of your trade, you should consider taking out Buildings Insurance. If you don’t and the building suffers damage – i.e. due to a fire, flood or storm, not only would you have to foot the bill to repair the damage, you might not be able to continue trading.
- Business Interruption Cover: Business Interruption Insurance covers you against loss of income in cases of closure – for example, due to fire, flood or vandalism. Here at The Insurance Octopus, our policies can extend to business interruptions caused by water, gas, electricity and internet services, as well as underground cables and earth movement.
- Public Liability Insurance: Regularly have clients visit your office for meetings? How about customers for market research? Public Liability Insurance cover protects you from claims made by those who have suffered injury, illness or damage to their property directly caused by your business operations. No matter how careful you are, accidents happen, but here at The Insurance Octopus, we feel you shouldn’t have to pay for them.
- Employers’ Liability Insurance: Your staff help make your office the success it is, and their dedication and hard work should always be appreciated and rewarded. You may take great pride in the level of care and support you provide your staff, but should they suffer an injury or work-related illness, they could bring claims against you. That’s why it’s a legal requirement to have this cover as part of your insurance policy, paying out so you don’t have to.
- Contents Cover: Office Contents Insurance protects your business from loss of, and damage to, your business’s equipment, such as computers, laptops, tablets and printers. Protecting them from risks such as theft, fire and water damage, we can also offer cover for possessions away from the office, for example at an employee’s home or in transit, should you require it.
- Fixtures & Fittings Cover: Does your office incorporate expensive signage that lets everyone know just who you are? How about decorative artwork, or display cases that showcase your latest prototypes or product offerings? Fixtures & Fittings Insurance covers loss of, and damage to these items, as well as carpets, seating and tables, among others.
- Cyber Insurance: Protecting you from the financial loss and reputational damage that so often accompanies cyber attacks, Cyber Insurance can cover you for data breaches, cyber business interruption, cyber extortion and hacker damage, and provide crisis containment too. This includes specialist support from a leading public relations firm to help you communicate with customers and various stakeholders in the aftermath of an incident.
As part of your Office Insurance policy, our brokerage can also arrange cover for Professional Indemnity Insurance, Commercial Combined Insurance and Personal Insurance, among other beneficial policies. To find your Business Insurance quote and Business Insurance policy, please get in touch with The Insurance Octopus today, or fill in this handy form here.
Is there anything better than running your own business? Regardless of whether you’re in the business of flowers, pets, clothing or sweet treats, we know that you take great care of your customers, and take great pride in your level of customer service. But sometimes life can take unexpected turns, and even the best staff members can be left dumbfounded. Whether it’s dealing with the aftermath of a robbery, a fire or personal injury claim, without the right Shop Insurance in place, the effects can be devastating. But with a Shop Insurance policy, you could have cover for Employers’ Liability, Public Liability and Product Liability, not to mention Personal Accident Insurance, Portable Equipment and Online Cover. Providing insurance for all manner of shops and retailers, including bakeries, bridal shops, butchers and florists, as well as newsagents, pet shops, sandwich shops and tearooms, with The Insurance Octopus by your side, we’ll ensure that you have the right level of cover for you.
In a single Shop Insurance policy, you could be covered for a variety of the following:
- Employers’ Liability Insurance: If you have full-time and part-time employees, or hire contractors, temporary staff, volunteers or those involved with training schemes, it’s a legal requirement for you to take out Employers’ Liability insurance to protect them from injury or illness, and you from expensive compensation claims. Employers’ Liability for Shop Insurance can cover you for up to £10 million worth of claims. If you don’t have this type of insurance but do employ staff, you could actually be fined, so it’s always worth taking out this cover.
- Public Liability Insurance: You know that as soon as a customer walks through your doors, you are responsible for their safety and welfare, and that you must do your utmost to protect them from harm. Public Liability can protect your shop from claims including; damage to personal property; accidental injury while on your premises or due to products you have sold; costs of medical treatment. Our standard levels of cover are available from £1m to £5m, with additional levels of cover available upon request, subject to your policy’s terms and conditions.
- Product Liability Insurance: Did you know that even if you don’t manufacture the products you sell yourself, you could still be held liable for any damage or harm caused to members of the public, customers or team members? Product Liability Insurance covers you against any compensation claims brought about due to this, regardless of whether your stock is edible, wearable or loveable – we’re talking pets and soft toys of course.
- Shop Premises Insurance: This is a must for all shop owners and retailer managers. With Shop Premises Insurance, your shop is covered against risks such as storms, fires, floods, earthquakes and vandalism, among other risks that could severely hinder your business and its operations. Could you afford this without Shop Premises Insurance?
- Personal Accident Insurance: We know you care about your customers, but caring for your own personal safety is important too. With Personal Accident Insurance, you’ll be provided compensation for accidents including: loss of limbs or sight; permanent total disablement; temporary total disablement; temporary partial disablement; death. Covering your medical expenses too, we’ll help make the recovery process as easy as possible.
- Stock & Contents Cover: Whether you’re looking to protect your precious stock or take out cover for your personal belongings that you keep onsite, with Stock & Contents Cover, we can ensure that all this is kept safe, and provide you with compensation for any losses. How would you manage if all your ingredients were stolen? How would you cope if your key product line were damaged? With the compensation provided, you can replace your stock and contents, ensuring that a loss doesn’t mean losing out.
- Seasonal Increases: Do you sell more pets at Christmas time? Do you sell more ice cream in the summer months? If your current insurance policy only covers you for a specified number – or amount – of stock, then we recommend covering any increases in stock to protect them in the event of damage, theft or destruction. This cover means that your ‘sums insured’ can also increase, covering your whole business inventory.
- Cyber Insurance: With computer systems laying the foundation for your shop or retail establishment, you know how detrimental a data breach or hack could be. Cyber attacks are no joke, and can leave your business open to further threats that can truly damage your reputation and financial security. With Cyber Insurance, we can cover you for the financial and reputational costs if data or electronic systems have been lost, damaged, stolen or corrupted, as well as the costs of restoring the computer systems and third party damage. Especially with GDPR claims costing in the millions, it’s always better to be safe than sorry.
At The Insurance Octopus, we can also provide Business Insurance quotes for Loss of Money Insurance, Business Interruption Insurance and Business Legal Protection, as well as Portable Equipment Insurance, Online Cover and Theft by Employees. So whether you’re after Bakery Insurance, Boutique Insurance, Bridal Shop Insurance or Florists Insurance, we can help all shop owners find the right policy for them. To find your Business Insurance quote and Business Insurance policy, please get in touch with The Insurance Octopus today or fill in this handy form here.
Very happy with their service. The octopus agents were really helpful and always called back when helping to renew our business insurance. This is our third year with them.’’ – Jonathan Klahr
From Bricklayer Insurance, Builders Insurance and Carpenters Insurance through to Electricians Insurance, Handymen Insurance, Decorators Insurance and Plumbers Insurance, Tradesman Insurance sure is extensive, and can cover a vast range of policies. Whether you’re a contractor in need of Professional Indemnity Insurance, a gardener in need of Tools and Business Equipment Insurance or a contractor in need of Own Plant & Hired In Plant cover, we’ll ensure we find the right insurance quote and insurance policy for you, based on your business’s requirements. Protecting you from hazards including working at height, power tool injuries and slips, trips and falls, as well as moving objects.Tradesman Insurance can keep you covered, and your business protected.
In a single Tradesman Insurance policy, you could be covered for a variety of the following:
- Professional Indemnity Insurance: Professional Indemnity Insurance is an extra cover that is available if required, and covers the legal costs and damages you may have to pay should a customer take legal action against you, due to an error you have made, even if it were by accident. Perhaps you gave erroneous advice. Maybe you designed a building or feature poorly. Whatever the issue, Professional Indemnity Insurance covers you against this, as well as professional negligence and loss of confidential data. We can offer this as additional cover, if required.
- Tools and Business Equipment Insurance: This policy protects you against any theft and damage, so that you don’t have to spend any money on important replacements. We understand that loss of tools can hinder your ability to work and push projects back, and therefore, we know that compensation is required as soon as possible. That’s why we offer a hassle-free approach to Tools and Business Equipment Insurance, helping you get back to work as quickly as possible, so that your reputation remains intact.
- Stock & Materials Cover: Consider all the stock and materials you use on a daily basis and now consider how difficult your job would be without them. Could you function without the wires, the joists, the rafters or the paints, and what about the plants, connectors or cleaning supplies? Whether you’re looking to protect your stock or take out cover for your all-important materials, we can ensure that they are always kept safe, and provide you with compensation for any losses.
- Legal Expenses Insurance: This covers you financially should legal action be taken against you, or by you. Covering everything from legal and tax advice through to contract and debt recovery, Legal Expenses Insurance also includes costs incurred due to court dates, trials and representation. With employment tribunals also costing in the thousands, this is a must-have insurance policy for tradesmen of all types.
- Own Plant & Hired In Plant: Whereas Own Plant Insurance provides compensation for any damage done to your own plant, Hired In Plant Insurance protects you against the legal liability for any damage done to hired in plant and any continuing hire charges. Cover is typically provided up to the limit of liability shown in the quotation or schedule. This includes damage caused by storms, flooding, water damage and malicious damage.
- Personal Accident Insurance: Nowhere more than in the tradesman industry do personal accidents occur, and therefore it’s important that your safety (and risk to safety) is prepared for. Personal Accident Insurance provides compensation for accidents that include: loss of limbs or sight; permanent total disablement; temporary total disablement; temporary partial disablement; death. Helping to cover your medical expenses, and providing money to your family should the worst happen, this policy ensures that no-one has to suffer more than is absolutely necessary.
Along with Public Liability Insurance, Product Liability Insurance and Employers’ Liability, we can also provide Loss of Money cover and Business Interruption Insurance under a Tradesman Insurance policy from The Insurance Octopus. So whether you’re in need of Decorators Insurance, Plumbers Insurance, Window Cleaner Insurance or Kitchen Fitters Insurance, we can help you find a policy that meets your needs. To find your Business Insurance quote and Business Insurance policy, please get in touch with The Insurance Octopus today or fill in this handy form here.
Business Professional Insurance
Business Professional Insurance, also known as Professional Indemnity Insurance is a policy that protects your business if a client or customer states that there are faults in your work. Even if you have the most talented team, or you’re very skilled yourself, mistakes still happen, and they cost both you and your clients money. Professional Indemnity Insurance can cover you against negligence, breach of confidential information or data, and poor advice which results in a financial loss for your customers – which could otherwise end up costing you thousands of pounds.
How Can Professional Indemnity Insurance Help?
Business Professional Insurance can provide cover for the following:
Breach of Contract
Breach of Contract cover is designed to protect all parties involved. Breaches of contract can be tough to resolve and can have a big impact on your finances if you are held accountable.
Loss of Data
Data security is extremely important, and should client information fall into the wrong hands, this can destroy businesses. Data can be hacked, placed online and shared with the whole world. But even internally, accidentally sharing data with the wrong person isn’t good enough, and this negligence needs to be accounted for. Loss of data under this policy can cover the cost to replace it. If data loss causes a breach of confidentiality however, then a Cyber & Data policy would be better suited for your business.
We all know how frustrating this can be – when there’s no clear mistake. You did your job to the best of your ability and for some reason, the client just isn’t happy. They may decide your work or advice cost them money and try to make a claim against you. Though unfortunate, it’s always best to be the bigger person. Business Professional Insurance can help to defend you and if found liable, cover the costs.
Do I Need Professional Indemnity Insurance?
You may be wondering if you actually need this insurance policy. If your business provides professional services or guidance, handles sensitive data, or has responsibility for intellectual property on behalf of other businesses or individuals, it may be worth taking out this policy to protect your company. Covering compensation and any related legal costs, your insurance can help with this all.
For some professional bodies and regulators, it is a legal requirement for industry members to hold Professional Indemnity Insurance because of the associated risks. This includes accountants, solicitors, surveyors, healthcare professionals and engineers.
If you’re in need of Professional Indemnity Insurance, then we here at The Insurance Octopus can help. Don’t leave negligence up to chance. Don’t risk a huge expense claim. Find a suitable insurance policy with The Insurance Octopus by calling us today, or filling in this useful form here.
Commercial Combined Insurance
Suitable for businesses including manufacturers, wholesalers, construction and technology, Commercial Combined Insurance is a substantial business cover in one single policy that comprises a range of necessary covers. Tailored to meet the insurance needs of your business, and the specific risks your business may face, Commercial Combined Insurance can give you peace of mind knowing that your business practices and processes are secure.
In a single Commercial Combined Insurance policy, you could have comprehensive cover for a variety of the following:
- Warehouse Insurance: This can provide protection for your storage building and damage to stock which is being stored, as well as provide Goods in Transit cover should it specify this in your policy. As well as insuring stock, it is also important to consider the high value business contents of your storage warehouse, such as shelving, CCTV cameras, phone systems and office equipment. It may not be as glamorous, but your warehouse is just as key to your operations as your office, and therefore, Warehouse Insurance is a safe bet.
- Material Damage Insurance: This policy is available on a specific contingency basis with the option to include, ‘Accidental Damage’ for: Buildings, including glass breakage; Plant, machinery, trade fixtures (and all other contents); Other specified property; Stock in trade; Tenants’ improvements. Extensions to Material Damage Insurance include professional fees, theft damage to buildings, damage to underground services and clearing of drains.
- Engineering Breakdown: How would you cope without your key equipment and machinery? This policy can provide cover for:
- Computers, electronic equipment, refrigeration equipment, air conditioning, telecommunications, lifts, machinery, cash registers, boilers, and audio equipment.
- Repair costs, replacement costs caused by breakdown.
- Loss of profits caused by a breakdown.
- Reinstatement of lost data.
- Temporary repairs or short term hire of equipment costs.
- Computer breakdown.
- Goods in Transit Insurance: You may have complete faith in your drivers, but even they can get behind with deliveries should an unexpected event occur. They can’t control the roads and traffic. They can’t help suffering an accident. And if theft is involved, there could be more than just damage to your stock. Goods in Transit insurance can protect your stock from any damage, while:
- In or on any vehicle operated by you.
- In or on any vehicle operated by hauliers.
- Travelling by parcel post.
- Travelling by rail.
Depending on your policy, we may also pay you for damage to sheets, ropes, dunnage, securing chains, toggles and the like owned by you whilst in transit in or on any vehicle operated by you. Possible extensions for Goods in Transit Insurance include debris removal, transfer costs, reloading costs and costs associated with substitute vehicles.
- Business Interruption Insurance: All it takes is one flood, one fire or one act of vandalism to halt your business practices, and stop production for the foreseeable future. Fortunately, with Business Interruption Insurance as part of your commercial insurance policy, you’re covered against:
- Loss of gross profit or gross revenue and/or increase cost of working following damage to your business premises.
- Loss of book debts following damage to accounting records at your business premises.
This is subject to your specific terms and conditions. Subject to certain limits, extensions can include: contract sites; denial of access; bomb scares; unspecified customers; unspecified suppliers.
- All Risks Insurance: This insurance policy protects property from insured damage and losses. There are a range of conditions for All Risks Insurance cover, which can include:
- Having an intruder alarm.
- Property in transit needs to be insured.
- Security measures apply to transit by own vehicles.
- Motor vehicles must be roadworthy and in a good state of repair.
Our insurance team will make it clear what is and isn’t covered under our All Risks Insurance policy.
Along with Public Liability Insurance, Employers’ Liability Insurance, Product Liability and Loss of Money, there is much we can cover under a Commercial Combined Insurance policy. Along with Stock & Contents Cover, Personal Accident Insurance, Legal Expenses Insurance and Cyber Insurance, we can help mix and match cover based on your business needs. To find your Business Insurance quote and Business Insurance policy, please get in touch with The Insurance Octopus today, or fill in this handy form here.
Choosing The Correct Business Insurance For Your Business
Regardless of whether you run a chain of hotels, an upmarket restaurant, an office or pub, finding the right business insurance policy can be tricky – especially considering the daily activities that keep you and your team very busy. That’s why at The Insurance Octopus, we make the Business Insurance process as easy and hassle-free as possible, providing you with insurance quotes and a policy that will provide your business with a suitable level of insurance cover.
- For your business insurance quote, please get in touch. We’ll ask for key information such as your name, business’s name, telephone number and email address, as well as staff numbers, whether you require building insurance and if you wish to protect your business against cyber threats and data breaches.
- We’ll arrange a call with you to learn more about your insurance requirements, and to discuss our range of business insurance policies in detail.
- When we’ve taken you through our range of insurance quotes and policies, and you’ve chosen the Business Insurance policy that’s right for your business, we’ll process all of the information you have given us, and cover will start immediately if required. You’ll receive your Business Insurance policy documents via email, and we can send you a physical copy too.
- When it’s time to renew your insurance policy, we’ll contact you again via email and letter 1 month before your Business Insurance policy is set to end. If you would like to change or update your insurance policy, please let us know and we’ll organise this for you before the renewal period begins.
Pretty simple right? Whether you need Pub Insurance, Tradesman Insurance, Shop Insurance or Professional Indemnity Insurance, then you need The Insurance Octopus, and we recommend you get in touch with us today for your free no-obligation quote.
‘’Good and easy to deal with. Quick polite service, found exactly what our requirements were, and got us a very reasonable price.’’ – Andrew Holmes
How To Make A Claim
We can help with the Business Insurance claims process – answering any and all queries and questions that you have, following the initial discussion with your insurance company. Whether you’re after Pub Insurance, Office Insurance, Shop Insurance or Tradesman Insurance or another Business Insurance claim, we’ll help you through the claims process, and beyond it.
If you ever to make a claim on your Business Insurance, please follow this process:
- Report the insured event to your insurer using the Business Insurance claims number provided, taking note of important dates, times, important facts and information on what has happened. If something serious has happened, such as theft or malicious damage, please contact the police immediately.
- Next, check your Business Insurance policy and ensure that you’re covered for what has happened.
- When going through the event with your insurer, it’s important that you have your policy document, receipts for anything stolen or damaged and any information that you feel will help explain your Business Insurance case to hand. This can make the claims process a whole lot easier.
- Should your Business Insurance claim be unsuccessful, or if you experience any problems, please call us on 0161 968 2030 to discuss the matter further. We’ll try our best to resolve any issues, though please note that we can’t make any promises about decisions made.
- Your insurer will then process the Business Insurance claim, and you’ll receive your compensation subject to the outcome of the claims case.
Business Insurance Benefits
A Business Insurance policy from The Insurance Octopus offers a suitable level of cover. Providing everything from Pub Insurance, Shop Insurance, Office Insurance and Tradesman Insurance right the way through to Business Professional Insurance, Commercial Combined Insurance, Hotel Insurance and Hair & Beauty Insurance – our insurance quotes take your needs into account, and provide you with a range of suitable policies. Providing cover for things such as Building & Contents Insurance, Business Interruption Insurance, Loss of License Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance, Business Insurance can also provide cover for your stock, team members, online security and machinery. Having a suitable Business Insurance policy in place protects you, your team members and business from expensive claims, and reduces reputational damage too. Choosing an insurance policy from The Insurance Octopus also provides you with access to a leading panel of insurers that will help you to find and select the right level of protection for your business, and ensure you only pay for the Business Insurance that you actually need.
The Insurance Octopus can help everyone from tradesmen, hotel managers and office administrators through to shop owners, beauty technicians and pub owners. If you’re in need of a Business Insurance product, we recommend getting in touch with us today for your insurance quote.
Why Choose The Insurance Octopus
- We are a dedicated insurance provider, offering competitive Business Insurance quotes across a range of industries, including hospitality, trade, leisure and commercial business realms. Whether you’re looking for Business Professional Insurance, Hair & Beauty Insurance, Shop Insurance, Pub Insurance or Office Insurance, we know that we can find a suitable policy for you.
- Our business insurance clients speak very highly of us – as shown by our positive reviews and testimonials. We have received the Feefo Gold trusted service for 6 consecutive years, emphasising our commitment to our clients, our insurance team and the industry.
- Our bespoke Business Insurance policies are designed for ease of additions, removals, increases or decreases. We can find a Business Insurance policy that only includes the cover you need, without the insurance costs you don’t.
- We offer flexible Business Insurance payment methods, and there are never any mid term adjustment fees or hidden fees within your policy. We’re honest and transparent in our approach, and never take our clients for granted. We ensure you know exactly what you are paying for, and how much you’re paying for your Business Insurance policy.
- If you ever need to make a claim against your Business Insurance, we support you through the process as needed. Your insurer will ensure that any business liability is dealt with appropriately, effectively, and with The Insurance Octopus by your side.
We’re in the business of keeping your business protected. Choose The Insurance Octopus for an insurance broker you can trust. To get your free no-obligation Business Insurance quote, please contact us today.
‘’Very good and helpful service. Saved me money on my public liability. Will be using The Insurance Octopus again.’’ – Carl Murray
Improving Security At Your Business Premises
One of the most important considerations when running a business is its security. If you haven’t taken steps to keep intruders out, you might be leaving your business open to an attack. Having security measures in place can also reduce your insurance premium, so these following suggestions could be worth following up on:
- Install CCTV Cameras: CCTV cameras have proven to deter burglars, so installing a CCTV system will immediately lower the chance of burglars targeting your business. The likelihood of being caught on camera and identified is high, making the burglary too risky. Because of this, CCTV is a good first step in securing your premises. As well as protecting your business from external threats, CCTV can also help tackle staffing issues – whether it’s small thefts or threatening behaviour. CCTV can help you monitor your staff and help maintain a safe work environment for all.
- Strengthen Business Entry Points: There could be several ways of getting into your business that needs greater security. Identify possible entry points that intruders might use to enter your premises and react accordingly. Installing doors and windows of solid construction and fitting them with secure locks is one of the options, while making sure they are shut and locked when the building is empty is key to safety.
- Lock Away Important Equipment: Laptops, tablets and other electronic devices can be easily stolen if they are left lying around, so keep them in a secure location that is out of sight. Anything involving money or important IT equipment also needs to be locked away securely. If necessary, fit your computers with alarms to detect tampering and record serial numbers.
- Protect Your Business Online: It is not just physical security that you need to be aware of. Cybercrime is on the rise and businesses need to ensure their computer systems are well protected. Investing in antivirus and firewall protection, as well as asking your staff to choose strong passwords is a good idea. Regularly backing up systems and files so that you can restore anything that is lost or deleted is another.
- Conduct Regular Security Checks – Any issues or faults in your security should be repaired as quickly as possible. Repair any breakages to doors, windows, or the roof and provide reminders to staff of safety procedures and reports of potential threats. Keeping in touch with other local businesses to discover if they’ve suffered any break-ins, damage or security breaches is always worth it too.
- Create A Contingency Plan: Contingency plans should be created for the “what if” situations that could arise, including larger-than-anticipated crowds, poor weather, power outages, stabbings, armed robberies and merchandise sell-outs. Contingency plans can help all team members know how to handle unexpected situations more effectively, so that their safety and security, as well as that of your clients and customers are never taken for granted.
- Securing The Perimeter: Especially useful for warehouses. If a burglar sees that your business is well-guarded, it may deter them from attempting to enter. Fencing, security lighting and a secure car park can help to prevent someone from entering your property, keeping your stock safe.
For more information on how to keep your business secure, please don’t hesitate to contact The Insurance Octopus today.
What Business Insurance Do I Need?
The only type of Business Insurance that is mandatory under UK law is employers’ liability cover, which is a legal requirement for most businesses that employ staff, even on a temporary or part-time basis. However, you may find that regulators require you to have certain types of insurance in order to operate. This effectively means that those insurances will be mandatory for particular professions. Solicitors, accountants and some healthcare professionals, for example, are required to have Professional Indemnity Insurance.
It’s also possible that you won’t be able to sign contracts without having certain types of insurance in place. Whenever you take on a piece of work you should see if your client has any requirements regarding insurance and check that you have that particular cover in place.
Even if you find that there is no compulsory insurance for your particular business, it’s worth considering taking out a policy anyway. Insurance can cover you against mistakes, accidents, theft, damage and legal fees, making sure you can keep running even when things go wrong.
Why Does Your Business Need Insurance?
Think about all the risks associated with business activity, and all the things you can’t possibly control. Could you pay damages to a client should they sue you for negligence? Could you rebuild your business should it suffer from a fire, flood or vandalism? Insurance is a small price to pay for what could cost you in the thousands, if not hundreds of thousands.
What Is Business Liability Insurance?
Business Liability Insurance is designed to protect businesses against the risk of liabilities imposed by lawsuits and claims made against them. There are various types of Business Liability, and these include: Public Liability Insurance, Product Liability Insurance, Employer’s Liability Insurance and Professional Indemnity Insurance (also known as Professional Liability Insurance).
In the UK, it is a legal requirement to have Employer’s Liability Insurance as part of your policy.
What do I do if I need to make a claim?
Here at The Insurance Octopus, we aim to make the claims process as easy as possible, because we know that when you need to make one, the smoother the process, the better. We firstly suggest reporting the event to your insurer using the helpline and claims number provided in your policy document. Your insurer will then process the claim as quickly as possible, and you’ll receive your compensation in due course.
Should you experience any issues, please get in contact with us at once, and we’ll do our best to argue your case on your behalf. We can’t promise we can overturn any decision made, though we’re always prepared to give it our best shot.
What should I do if my circumstances change during the period of insurance?
If your circumstances change during your period of insurance – for example – because you need to cover new equipment not currently featured on your policy, then please contact us so that we can check this with your insurers. Not updating your policy could mean you don’t receive compensation should you suffer a loss, leaving you with a costly expense. You can reach our customer services team on 0161 968 2030 if you ever require any support on this.
What are Octopus Rewards?
Octopus Rewards provides discounts and savings that can help all of our customers save money. These rewards include:
- 10% off Aviva Home and Motor Insurance.
- 5% Off Aviva Travel Insurance.
- 50% off key business and legal documents – including contracts, policies and letter templates – when using HR Heroes.
- Receive £25 credit towards a range of business services when you switch to kinex, such as business energy, telecoms, broadband and mobile.
- A policy badge from The Insurance Octopus which shows your customers, staff and members of the public that you’re insured, and that they can trust you while on their property or site.
Along with access to our team of insurance experts, Octopus Rewards are another great reason to choose The Insurance Octopus for your insurance needs.
Get In Touch Today
Be prepared for any unexpected and insured event with Business Insurance from The Insurance Octopus. From Pub Insurance, Office Insurance and Hotel Insurance through to Restaurant Insurance, Tradesman Insurance and Hair & Beauty Insurance, we have everything you need to keep your business covered. Please contact us today on 0161 968 2060 for more information and your business insurance quote.
What our customers are saying
options, so drop us a line and tell us what you think.
Working out our score
independent customer research specialist. For more details on how
this works, click below.
Excellent, personalised, prompt response to my
unusual requirements. Problem solved in no time,
confirmed immediately by email – extremely pleasant
manner and tone»
J Peters, IT Consultant