1. WHAT IS A COOKIE AND WEB BEACON?
A cookie is a small file stored on your computer or mobile device after visiting a website which is then accessed and used for certain purposes. Cookies are commonly used to record some aspects of your visit to a site such as choices you have made and to help websites ‘remember’ you. More information on cookies and their use can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/
Our cookies and similar technologies do not store personal information such as your name, address, phone number or email in a format that can be read by others. We do use a small number of cookies that store encrypted versions of information where you have asked us to. However, these are encrypted so that only we (or other sites that we have agreed to share information with) can read this information. The cookies we use cannot read or search your computer, smartphone or web-enabled device to obtain information about you, or read any material kept on your hard drive.
3. WHAT COOKIES ARE SET WHEN I VISIT THIS SITE?
We use the following cookies and similar technologies:
• Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential for the operation of our website and online tools or services. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into private areas of our website.
• Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences, for example your user name, language or text size. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
• Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website more relevant to your interests.
The following are further details of the individual cookies that might be set by us when you visit our site, together with an explanation of their purpose.
Some of the business partners that may set cookies and similar technologies when you visit our site are:
4. HOW DO I CHANGE MY COOKIE PREFERENCES?
You can alter how cookies and similar technologies are stored on your machine via your web browser settings. You can set your browser to block or disable cookies, but doing so may impact the quality of your browsing experience and limit you from accessing areas of our website where cookies are required for pages to load tailored information.
To change your cookie preferences click the ‘settings’ or ‘tools’ button on your browser or you can find out more at www.allaboutcookies.org or www.aboutcookies.org. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
5. UPDATES TO OUR COOKIES AND POLICY
© TBO Services Limited t/a The Insurance Octopus 7 September 2017.